Chroma™ is a central management system that is deeply integrated with Lustre. It brings together information from multiple sources to provide a unified view of what is going on in a storage system ― while vastly simplifying installation, configuration, maintenance, monitoring, and fault diagnosis. This enables enterprises with storage intensive applications to get much more out of their storage environment.
Chroma is designed to utilize enterprise-class storage for top performance with minimal interruptions. What you get is an intuitive browser-based interface for creating and managing your storage and file system configuration along with real time monitoring capabilities to help you maximize the performance of your computing environment.
Browser-based administration provides:
- Point-and-click simplicity for cluster configuration and management – You can configure a cluster in minutes.
- Intuitive, rich interface – Lets you monitor and manage the whole storage cluster in a single view.
- Centralized definition and management of common tasks – Your company spends less on training and use of skilled resources to manage the file system.
Automated updates provide:
- Automated patches and security fixes
- Protection against external threats
- Reduced need for manual intervention and downtime
Are You a Current Lustre User?
Chroma enhances the tool set for experienced users. Chroma’s central management system detects all shared devices and presents them in live intuitive graphs for real-time monitoring. Lustre’s command line interface is still available for power users, while the scriptable API enables enterprise scale automation.
Real-time system monitoring lets you:
- Monitor storage health and KPIs in real-time
- View high-level system performance or individual component details
- Generate historical and real-time reports
Advanced troubleshooting tools provide:
- A centralized view of storage-related logs
- Intelligent log scanning for efficient debugging and analysis
- Repeatable self-test performance metrics
- Configurable event notifications
Are You Selling Storage Solutions?
Chroma is made for partners. It is browser-based, vendor neutral, and supported by the best Lustre experts in the industry. The features most helpful to customers ― provisioning, management and monitoring ― are encapsulated into a single API and user interface.
Chroma is highly customizable, giving you the means to seriously address new markets. Plug-ins can be added for custom actions and storage backend functionality. An open, documented API makes it easy to integrate with third-party systems and external vendor offerings. The API is scriptable, REST-compliant, and based on Web standards.
Chroma can be a substantial value-add and selling point for the Lustre solutions that you bring to market. Chroma is an integrated management system that ties Lustre together with the underlying hardware, so your customers can take greater advantage of all the benefits of your storage solution.
Your customized all-in-one delivery will include:
- Early access to a complete software stack for building a Lustre-based appliance, including Linux and Lustre ISOs built by Whamcloud.
- A dedicated partner plug-in and an open source API for integrating custom capabilities, such as managing and monitoring your hardware or custom administrative actions.
For more information or to schedule a Chroma demo, please contact us at