Develop, maintain and debug the Django back-end of our scalable storage management application. This includes expanding the app’s feature set and working in continuous collaboration with the front-end developers to improve user experience.
Primary Duties / Responsibilities
- Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs, and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, or Internet-related computer programs.
- Using current programming language and technologies, writes code, completes programming, and performs testing and debugging of applications. Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
- May interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- Solid understanding of Python and Django
- Strong knowledge of Linux operating system
- Experience with large data sets
- Team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, fast-growth environment where action and initiative are prerequisites to performing well
- Experience in distributed work environment where collaboration can take place in person, online or over the phone
Requirements (Education, Certification, Training, and Experience)
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years related experience; or equivalent experience.
- Ability and desire to work as part of a geographically-distributed team.
Physical Demands / Work Environment
- Ability and desire to work as part of a geographically-distributed team