Primary role will be to support and enhance the Lustre parallel filesystem. This will mean interacting with Whamcloud’s customers who include many of the foremost HPC sites in the world and major HPC storage vendors. Contributions to Lustre releases will sometimes require engaging with upstream Linux community.
Primary Duties / Responsibilities
- Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs, and modifies Lustre code
- Responds to support requests from Whamcloud’s customers by creating code fixes or providing workarounds
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- Linux kernel development
- Deep acumen with high performance storage systems
- Proactive and solution-oriented problem solver
- Prior project and/or team leadership experience is not required but would be considered an asset
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a distributed team environment.
- High level of attention to detail and comfortable multi-tasking
Requirements (Education, Certification, Training, and Experience)
- Master’s Degree in computer science and 3 years of relevant experience; or Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or closely related field and 5 years of relevant experience; or equivalent work experience
- Development experience preferably with file systems or networking
Physical Demands / Work Environment
- Ability and desire to work as part of a geographically-distributed team