This is a public enrollment class, sponsored by Intel. Students will learn the Lustre design and components, will learn how to install a Lustre file system, perform Lustre file system configuration with striping, storage pools, quotas, perform system configuration and monitoring using lfs and lctl, and will be able to backup and restore a Lustre file system. You will also learn how to configure Lustre routers, set up advanced LNET configurations using networks and ip2nets, analyze and respond to target failures, design and setup high availability (HA) configurations using Heartbeat and Corosync/Pacemaker, and learn some Lustre client tuning to increase performance
Below are the topics covered in this course:
- Introduction to Lustre
- Lustre Storage Components
- Lustre Networking (with Lab)
- Installing Lustre (Labs cover MGS, MDS, OSS, Co-located MGT/MDT)
- File Striping Policies (Lab for both Administrative & Client roles)
- OST Pools (Lab for both Administrative & Client roles)
- Lustre Quotas (Lab for both Administrative & Client roles)
- Backing Up and Restoring Lustre (Labs include POSIX ACLs, Striping, OST Pools, Quotas, LVM snapshots)
- High Availability Lustre (Labs for Lustre Failover & Recovery “deep dive”, Heartbeat and Corosync/Pacemaker)
- Advanced Lustre Networking (Labs for Interface Bonding, Lustre Routers and “Dual Rail” configurations)
- Troubleshooting Lustre (Labs, limited in scope)
- Tuning Lustre (Labs, limited in scope)
Note: We are considering adding additional courses, to include:
- Architecting Lustre Solutions
- Lustre for End Users
- Tuning and Troubleshooting Lustre
Please let us know if you would be interested in attending such a course, if it were available.
Expected Prerequisites: Basic Linux system administration; competency with the Linux CLI and a text editor (vi, emacs, others)
Materials or Equipment Needed: Please bring a laptop that supports WiFi.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
December 4-7, 2012
*Note: Classes will start at 9am on the 1st day, and end at 4pm on the last day.
$2,400 USD Commercial customers
$2,150 USD Government or Education customers
Registrations refundable if canceled 30 days or more before training dates
To let us know of your interest and to have us mail you when details are available, please fill in the registration form on the Intel site.
Or, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Name of Participant(s)
- Phone number and Email address
- Course name and date
REGISTER NOW! Seats are limited on a first come first served basis.
Directions, Hotels & Transportation:
Office 207 IBM Building No. 5
Dubai Internet City