The goal of this course is to provide practical sysadmin experience with the Lustre file system. In order to accomplish this in a manner consistent with educational best practices, we provide a framework that presents the big picture first and then introduces components one by one, with each lesson built upon the last. This includes both well structured and organized lectures as well as easy-to-follow yet in-depth lab exercises. Topics are first presented from the instructor; students then work through our rigorous examples with the instructor present to answer questions as needed
Below are the topics covered in this course:
- Introduction to Lustre
- Lustre Storage Components
- Lustre Networking (with Lab)
- Installing Lustre (Labs cover MGS, MDS, OSS, Co-located MGT/MDT)
- File Striping Policies (Lab for both Administrative & Client roles)
- OST Pools (Lab for both Administrative & Client roles)
- Lustre Quotas (Lab for both Administrative & Client roles)
- Backing Up and Restoring Lustre (Labs include POSIX ACLs, Striping, OST Pools, Quotas, LVM snapshots)
- High Availability Lustre (Labs for Lustre Failover & Recovery “deep dive”, Heartbeat and Corosync/Pacemaker)
- Advanced Lustre Networking (Labs for Interface Bonding, Lustre Routers and “Dual Rail” configurations)
- Troubleshooting Lustre (Labs, limited in scope)
- Tuning Lustre (Labs, limited in scope)
Note: We are considering adding additional courses, to include:
- Architecting Lustre Solutions
- Lustre for End Users
- Tuning and Troubleshooting Lustre
Please let us know if you would be interested in attending such a course, if it were available.
Expected Prerequisites: Basic Linux system administration; competency with the Linux CLI and a text editor (vi, emacs, others)
Kista (Stockholm), Sweden
Note: this course will be taught in English
September 11-14, 2012
*Note: Classes will start at 9am on the 1st day, and end at 4pm on the last day.
$2400 Commercial customers
$2150 Government or Education customers
Registrations refundable if canceled 30 days or more before training dates
To let us know of your interest and to have us mail you when details are available, please fill in the registration form on the Intel site.
Or, email us at email@example.com with the following information:
- Name of Participant(s)
- Phone number and Email address
- Course name and date
REGISTER NOW! Seats are limited on a first come first served basis.
Directions, Hotels & Transportation:
Intel Office Location:
Intel Sweden AB
Knarrarnäsgatan 15, 4th floor
Telephone no: +46 8 594 617 00
From the Stockholm international airport: Arlanda (– short ARN)
Easiest: take a cab from the Airport directly to Kista.
Please note: Always talk to the driver on the cost – shouldn’t exceed 500 SEK for the trip. All taxi companies take credit cards – but if you use AMEX pls check for the AMEX sign on the car.
Hotels in Kista:
Mr. Chip hotel (across the street) –
Farogatan 9, Kista
Telephone no: +46 8 750 56 00
Memory Hotel in Kista: (10 minutes walk)
Borgarfjordsgatan 3 / Kista
Telephone: +46 8 793 97 00
Lots of other hotels downtown Stockholm.
Suburb to Stockholm. About 10 kilometers from city center. Easy to reach with public transportations.
Arlanda airport: About 30 kilometers from the airport.
Kista has a big shopping mall (open to 9pm each day) with many restaurants. Kista is also the ‘home’ of Ericsson and lots of other big companies. Kista is known as “the Silicon Valley of Sweden.”